Click here to view terms of service
Effective Date: November 1, 2015
Your privacy is important to HeritageUnits (“HeritageUnits”, “we”, or “us”) and we are committed to protecting
connection with the HeritageUnits website located at www.HeritageUnits.com as well as other localized HeritageUnits websites
(“Sites”), and the services and tools (including, but not limited to, mobile applications and other software applications)
Policy is part of, and is governed by, the terms and conditions set forth in the HeritageUnits Terms of Service located at http://www.HeritageUnits.com/user/terms
By creating a HeritageUnits account, or by otherwise accessing, visiting or using the Service, you expressly consent to our collection,
If you purchase or access the Service through a third party service that provides a gateway to the Service, such as iTunes or Google
Play (a “Gateway Service”), you will have a separate, additional account relationship with that Gateway Service and the information you
provide to that Gateway Service will be handled in accordance with the privacy practices of the applicable Gateway Service. Gateway
Services are not partners or representatives of HeritageUnits and HeritageUnits is not responsible for the acts or omissions of a Gateway
Service with regard to the collection or use of your information.
effective date of the changes. If you do not agree to the new terms, you may terminate your account within the applicable ten (10) day
period by contacting us using the information in Section 16 below, and you will not be bound by the amended terms. Otherwise, the new terms
will take effect after ten (10) days.
Information Collected from You by HeritageUnits. We may collect information that you provide to us in connection with your use
of the Service when you register as a user of the Service, send e-mail messages, forms, or other information to us through the Service,
or enter a drawing or giveaway offered through the Service. If you register for a HeritageUnits account directly through the Service,
you will be required to provide your email address, first name, last name and create a user handle and password. You can use the Service
without registering, however, you may not be able to use certain features of the Service, such as entering drawings or giveaways that are
offered through the Service. If you enter a drawing or giveaway offered through the Service you will required to provide your postal address,
including the street address, city, state and zip code. You may also choose to provide additional information in connection with your HeritageUnits
account, including a profile picture, your birthday, your hobbies, your job, your education and some of your favorite things, such as your favorite
movies, food and TV shows. Providing this additional information is optional and you are not required to provide this information in order to use
Information You Share on the Service. Some portions of the Service allow you to submit comments, reviews, ratings and other content. This
content may be displayed on the Service and may be viewable by other users of the Service. In addition, if you have created a user profile and uploaded
a photograph of yourself in connection with your HeritageUnits account, other users of the Service will be able to see your user profile information
and your photograph when you submit content to the Service while logged in to your HeritageUnits account.
Information Automatically Collected Through the Service. HeritageUnits may automatically collect information about you when you use the Service.
If you access the Service through a mobile device, we will automatically collect information about your geo-location, including your geo-location relative
to and within third party merchant locations. In addition, we may collect information such as your mobile device ID, device type, and your use of features,
functions, or notifications on the device, as well as signal strength relating to WiFi or Bluetooth functionality, temperature, battery level, and similar
technical data. We may collect this information even if you are not logged in to the Service. If you access the Service through a computer, we will
automatically collect information such as your browser type and version, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from
the Service, IP address and standard web log information. If you use the Service through a mobile device and you do not want us to collect your geo-location
information you may change your preferences through the “Settings” feature of the HeritageUnits mobile application, however, if you set your preferences so
that we cannot collect your geo-location information, some of the features of the Service, such as the “Notification Service" and "Locomotives Near Me” feature,
may not be available to you. In addition, you may be able to adjust the settings on your mobile device to prevent collection of your geolocation information.
Cookies. We may automatically collect information from you when you use the Service using “cookies”. Cookies are small amounts of data that are stored within
your computer’s Internet browser and that are accessed and recorded by the websites that you visit so that they can recognize the same browser navigating
online at a later time.
Information that may be collected by cookies when you use the Service may include, without limitation:
You can set your browser to reject cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie. However, if you disable cookies you may not be able to use all features of the Service, including the features that are only made available to registered members of the Service.
- the pages you visit within the Service;
- the date and time of your visit to the Service;
- the amount of time you spend using the Service;
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; and/or your computer and connection information such as your browser type and version, operating system and platform.
Information you Provide about other Users. The “Report Locomotive” feature on the Sites allows you to record the location of a locomotive which could result in notifications to other users of the Sites and use the Service.
Collection of Information by Third Parties. If you visit the Service from a third-party website the third-party website may give you a unique code, cookie or graphic which will uniquely identify you. This will only happen if you link directly from a third party website to the Service. Your activities on the Service while this type of code is active may be reported back to the third party website. The presence of a third party navigation bar at the top of a webpage is an indication that the third party website may be able to see your activity on the Service.
We may also provide social media features through the Service that enable you to share information with your social networks and to interact with the Service on various social media sites. Your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you by these sites, depending on the feature. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media sites with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared by those sites.
Some third-party advertising companies may provide a mechanism to opt-out of their technology. For more information about the opt out process, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative website, available at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
In addition, if you access the Service through the Internet, your browser may allow you to adjust your browser settings so that “do not track” requests are sent to the websites that you visit. However, HeritageUnits will not disable tracking technology that may be active on the Service in response to any “do not track” requests that we receive from your browser.
Use of Information by HeritageUnits. HeritageUnits may use information that we collect about you through the Service to:
- provide access to the Service and to provide you with requested services and customer support and to process and respond to your inquiries;
- personalize, customize, measure, and improve our services, content, and advertising and otherwise to enhance your experience of the Service;
- prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce the HeritageUnits Terms of Service;
- analyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of the Service;
- generate and review reports and data about our user base and service usage patterns;
- compile aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
- resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- contact you with information, including promotional, marketing and advertising information and recommendations that we believe may be of interest to you;
- provide you with other services requested by you as described when we collect the information;
- provide you with information we deem relevant when you visit third party merchant locations;
- f you use the Service on a mobile device, with your consent, we may send push notifications to your mobile device to provide updates about the Service and other relevant messages.
HeritageUnits’s Disclosure of Information to Third Parties. HeritageUnits may disclose your information to the following third parties:
- Our Service Providers: We may share your information with third party contractors or service providers who provide certain services to us or on our behalf, such as operating and supporting the Service or otherwise responding to your customer service requests. These service providers will only have access to the information needed to perform these limited functions on our behalf and are required to provide your information with at least the same level of protection and security as we use for the Service.
- Business Transfers; Bankruptcy. If HeritageUnits becomes involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, dissolution, or other transaction or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, HeritageUnits may share or transfer your information to a third party or parties in connection with the applicable transaction.
- Aggregate Information. HeritageUnits may share information relating to visitors and users of the Service with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties on an aggregate basis. We note that, while this information will not identify you personally, in some instances these third parties may be able to combine this information with other data they have about you, or that they receive from third parties, in a manner that allows them to identify you personally.
- Law Enforcement Authorities. To the extent permitted by law, we may share your information with law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other HeritageUnits user to legal liability, or to protect our rights or property, or during emergencies when safety is at risk.
No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing. To report HeritageUnits-related spam or spoof emails to us, please forward the email to our contact page. You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate the HeritageUnits Terms of Service.
Security. HeritageUnits takes reasonable measures to protect the information you provide to HeritageUnits or submit through the Service against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. However, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to HeritageUnits or submit through the Service and you do so at your own risk. No internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error-free. Email sent to or through the Service may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information online and take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.
Accessing, Changing and Managing Your Information. You may change and update the information you provide through the Service, or change your preferences concerning how we use your information, as follows:
Changing, Updating or Deleting Your Information. You may make changes to the user information you have provided in connection with your
HeritageUnits account by logging in to your account and changing the applicable information, or by contacting us at our contact page.
If you choose to terminate your account, you may also request that we delete your information by contacting us at our contact page.
Following receipt of a request from you, we will take reasonable steps to update, correct or delete your information.
In addition, if you are a California resident under the age of 18 and are a registered user of the Service, you may request that we remove
content or information about you that you posted on the Service by (i) submitting a request in writing to our contact page and (ii)
clearly identifying the content or information you wish to have removed and providing sufficient information to allow us to locate the content
or information to be removed. However, please note that we are not required to, and may not be able to, erase or otherwise eliminate content
or information if (a) other state or federal laws require us or a third party to maintain the content or information; (b) the content or
information was posted, stored, or republished by another user; (c) the content or information is anonymized so that you cannot be individually
(e) you have received compensation or other consideration for providing the content. Further, nothing in this provision shall be construed to
limit the authority of a law enforcement agency to obtain the applicable content or information.
Email Communications. You can make changes regarding receiving email communications from us within your HeritageUnits account. You can also choose not to receive email communications from us by following the “unsubscribe” instructions in any email communication you receive from us.
Gateway Services. HeritageUnits does not control the information you provide to Gateway Services. If you want to change your preferences
with regard to how an applicable Gateway Service collects or uses your information in connection with the Service, you should review the privacy
practices of the applicable Gateway Service and adjust your privacy or other settings directly through the applicable Gateway Service.
No Use by Children. HeritageUnits is not intended for use by children under the age of thirteen (13). We will never knowingly collect information
directly from children under the age of thirteen (13) without verifiable parental consent. If you are under the age of thirteen (13), please do not
provide us with information of any kind whatsoever. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time with their children online and to be familiar
with the websites they visit. If you have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received information from a child under the age of
thirteen (13), please contact us immediately at our contact page.
Use of Information Outside of Your Country of Residence. If you are located outside of the United States and choose to use the Service or
provide your information to us, your information will be transferred, processed and stored in the United States. U.S. privacy laws may not be as
with the Service represents your agreement to this practice. If you do not want your information transferred to or processed or stored in the United
States, you should not use the Service.
Retention of Your Information. We retain information for active HeritageUnits accounts as long as it is necessary and relevant for our
operations. In addition, we may retain information from closed accounts to comply with the law, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems,
assist with any investigation, enforce the HeritageUnits Terms of Service and take other actions permitted by law. The information we retain about
with the Service, you may contact us by email at our contact page.